Modern International School Bangkok (MISB) launched its Community Service program for the students as a pilot project during the academic year 2015-2016 which aimed at creating a platform for the students to show their leadership and humane qualities in the society.
In addition to strong academic program, MISB encourages the students to connect with the community and learn new skills. By engaging in volunteer work, students have an opportunity to learn experientially. They discover where their passions lie while undertaking ‘feel good’ projects that truly make a difference. These experiences allow them to make more informed choices about university and their career, while instilling a lifelong interest in giving back
Each year students have opportunities to be involved in many different Community Services such as Tree Planting, Beach Cleaning, English support classes for underprivileged children and trips to foundations and Orphanage.
- Community service develops an increased sense of social responsibility – a global view of society and a heart for ‘giving back’ and helping others.
- Provides an opportunity to apply academic learning to real life events.
- Builds relationships and ‘social connectedness’ with peers and adults and exposes students to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Improves lifelong communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Helps students find their passions and interests that may lead to a career choice they may have not considered.
*Requirement*- Students are highly encouraged to participate and accumulate 40 personal Community hours during their High School years at MISB.